IlluminArt Productions, a non-profit organization, located in New York City, enables individuals of all ages to use theatre to portray and develop solutions for the complex challenges that confront them. They share creations with audiences of their peers and with younger groups to facilitate ongoing opportunities for dialogue and learning.
IlluminArt Productions’ programs focus on topics that are currently making headlines:
“Our vision is to help participants and audiences make responsible decisions about the challenges they face by providing creative space for them to confront and express their thoughts about these issues with their peers and with role models.”
Since 2002, bullying and violence prevention programs have been presented in many school districts through Illusion Theater’s Project TRUST:
New York Locations
Since 2002, Peer educators/actors have represented the following schools:
- IS 7 Elias Bernstein School, Staten Island, New York
- PS 31 William T. Davis School, Staten Island
- The Gerard Carter Community Center, Staten Island
- The Michael J. Petrides School, Staten Island
- Bloomfield Hills Lahser High School, Michigan
- North Farmington High School, MichiganWest Bloomfield High School, Michigan
- Ready. Set. ACTION! : READY. SET. ACTION! is the title of a program and a play, which can be performed by students in grades 4-7. Over a period of 12 weeks, students learn about healthy eating, exercise and positive body image, then deliver those...
- Michigan IlluminArt News: Thanks to Target Corporation and B’nai B’rith Enlighten America, IlluminArt Productions in Michigan will be doing some special programming during the 2012/2013 school year. Along with Jewish Gay Network, IlluminArt will be presenting scenes from Project TRUST plays: Peace Up!...
- Ready. Set. ACTION! New York: READY. SET. ACTION! is the title of a program and a play, which can be performed by students in grades 4-7. Over a period of 12 weeks, students learn about healthy eating, exercise and positive body image, then deliver those...
- For Our Daughters: Illusion Theater's For Our Daughters, a multi-media play with music about surviving breast cancer was presented in 5 locations in Staten Island, New York from April 10-May 13, 2011 after touring the Metro Detroit area from 2003-2005. Since 2003 we have provided information...